Re: Trailer wiring and car mags

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailer wiring and car mags
From: "Jeff August" <jaugust@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:58:26 -0400
----------
>From: "Tom and Sharon Shirley" <tshirley@vol.com>
>To: "Jeff August" <jaugust@columbus.rr.com>
>Subject: Re: Trailer wiring
>Date: Fri, Aug 17, 2001, 3:43 PM

 Sorry it took so long to reply.
I have a 1998 Durango with the 5.2L engine sounds like the same one you
have. I have only pulled a trailer once, not a very heavy one (small 6x10)
 with bicycles lugage etc. My family of 5 (3 teenage boys which is why we
got the third seat) drove from Columbus OH to North Carolina and had no
problems except on a few hills the AC cut out to save power, nothing major.
Gas mileage sucks but what can I expect from a hog V8.
Recently I had a bad scare, I was burning a QT of oil per 500 miles. I
called a local public radio program that had an auto guy on it and told him
I thought I had major engine problems (I bought the truck used) and he said
because new cars are so well machined that it was unlikely. He said it was
probably related to the emissions system. He was close, the intake manifold
gasket was bad and some how was drawing oil in the cylinders. A few bucks
later I own a car that doesn't burn a drop of oil (70,000 miles on it.)

On another note the car mag I spoke about 'Sports Car Market' does have a
web site - go figure - sportscarmarket.com
The website is not that impresive but I would like to know if anyone else
has a subscription to it and their opinion.
They cover car auctions (lots of pictures) both here and abroad. The prices
range from 5.6 million for a 1966 Ferrari 330 P3 to 3,000 dollar Alfas. Lots
of observations and tips for the readers to enjoy and help them understand
the marketplace.

Jeff

>> >I agree with the bad ground assessment. I had the same problem on my
> Dodge
>> Durango
>
> How big a load have you towed with your Durango? How big is your engine? We
> just bought one, 318 4x4 with towing package.
>
> Tom and Sharon Shirley
> http://www.geocities.com/baddogracing/

///