Re: thoughts on oil for pressure washer

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: thoughts on oil for pressure washer
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:55:55 -0500
Doug wrote:

> I am going to try the synthetic 20W50 for awhile.  I'm
> sure it could be psychological, or perhaps because the old
> oil was shot, but the pressure washer certainly seemed to
> hold it's RPM level much more consistently today
> regardless of load with the synthetic oil (before when I
> did a broad pattern at full throttle, it would slow down a
> bit, but now it just briefly pulses and returns to the
> original RPM).

I'm somewhat of the same attitude Doug, I use good, state-of-the-art oil in
all my simple putt-putt motors but I DO try to change it as soon as it shows
color . . . Gripe one:  why do they make it so much trouble to drain little
motors?  I have one that I run out of fuel and then turn it up-side-down and
let it drain out of the filler  . . .no way you can get the plug out for a
good hot-drain without 3rd degree burns and skinned knuckles!
Tony

///