Trailer wiring

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Trailer wiring
From: "Madurski, Ronald M." <RONALD.M.MADURSKI@saic.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 10:49:54 -0400
I am having some trouble with the wiring on my trailer and was hoping for
some pointers on where to look.  The whole trailer was recently rewired with
new wires.

There are 2 axles with brakes on each.  The brakes work just fine, but they
come on when the headlights are on.
The turn signals work just fine, but the radio faceplate light blinks with
the right blinkers only.
The side marker lights come on when the brakes are applied.

Any suggestions?  Sound like a bad ground somewhere?

Do the brakes need to be wired in a certain manner, both wires were white so
we just wired them in series.

Thanks

Ronald M. Madurski
SAIC/FBI Senior Systems Administrator

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- - Albert Einstein.

///