Re: Antifreeze

To: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Antifreeze
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 07:18:20 -0500
From: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>

>The manual for my wife's Volvo says to use only Volvo
>antifreeze.  Is this just marketing or is there actually
>some reason that I should buy my antifreeze from the dealer.

I'd say that any modern no-phosphate ethylene glycol should be safe for any
modern car.  I'm sure that if there are some bizarre exceptions that someone
on this list will correct me.

The most sensitive vehicle of which I have heard is the VW Vanagan(sp?).
There is one alloy part that rots if good no-phosphate stuff is not used.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

///