Re: Tire wear patterns

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tire wear patterns
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:04:40 -0400
Peter,

As "not an expert" on this subject, I will give you my opinion
anyway.  Unless you do something unusual with your cars, like race on an
oval or something, I would not consider this normal.  Just because the only
adjustment is for toe, that doesn't mean that the only thing that can be
wrong is toe.  Other parameters can be out from bent parts.  Worn parts can
also cause play, which can cause tire wear.  I think this is one of those
things that is hard to diagnose over the internet.  You need to have the
front end checked out be someone competent.  Best of luck getting it sorted
out.

Steve Trovato
trovato@computer.net

At 05:28 PM 7/23/01 -0400, Peter Schauss wrote:

>Both my MGB and Austin-Healey (BJ7) are showing the same tire wear pattern.
>On the left fron tire the outer edge of the tread is almost smooth.

.
.
.

///