Re: Flashback arrestors vs check valves....torch vs regulator

To: Paul F Mele <Paul.Mele@usermail.com>
Subject: Re: Flashback arrestors vs check valves....torch vs regulator
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 01:57:37 -0400
Paul F Mele wrote:

> I did a quick search, since my check valves are also on the torch....
>
> looks like there are 2 different animals, one at each end of the hose.  Time
> to look for the regulator-end jobs before my next project.  I'll look online
> later...
>
> see the blurb in the safety.pdf file
>
> Paul
> http://www.thermadyne.com/pdf/news/safety.pdf

  Good research.

  So it appears that the units we have are meant to be
at the torch, and are just not meant to solve all problems.

  I guess where we lose is if we are welding and knock
over an engine stand and it severs our hose.

  Not sure if a check valve saves us there either.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca

///