Re: Pressured or not ?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pressured or not ?
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 22:31:00 -0500
-> Seriously, I believe you should let the auto drain do its thing as it
-> is designed, and I also would leave the tank pressurized. I certainly
-> would not empty the tank to drain it -- it is just a waste of
-> electricity pressurizing the tank just to blow it off.

 Mine didn't have an auto drain, so I just screwed a nipple into the
drain bung at the bottom of the tank and ran a piece of hose with a ball
valve on the end.  I just point it out the door and crack the valve to
blow out the water.  Technically it'd be better to screw the valve
directly into the tank and run the hose on the ambient end, but it'd
involve getting down on the floor to work the valve and I'm lazy.

///