Another compressor question

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another compressor question
From: "Walt Goddard" <waltcpa@sierra.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:20:09 -0700
Been on the list quite a while but usually just absorb all the great
information.  Contribute when I can, but that is not often.  Now I
need some help.

I was just given a Hanna compressor that used to be used in a service
station.  It has a 2HP, dual capacitor electric motor, belt drive,
twin compressor cylinders, and a 50 (?) gallon horizontal tank.  I
know next to nothing about compressors so have several questions:

1.  Hook up the motor as 110 or 220 (it is marked as either)?

2.  Are there any little bits and pieces that I need to check/replace
other than the air filters?  It has sat unused for over 5 years.

3.  It has some sort of automatic on/off switch marked 120/150.  I
assume that means on at 120PSI and off at 150PSI.  Correct?

4.  The Hanna company insists they have never made such a compressor
(no-one at the company less than 40 years old I suspect and the
compressor is probably older than that).  Is there some place that
might have some documents about this compressor?

5.  I plan to use it as my general compressor (assuming it works) for
small air-powered tools, including a sand blaster and a paint gun, so
I assume I need some sort of de-humidifying setup.  Good ideas for
that?

6.  If it requires oil, what kind should I use?

TIA for any responses

Walt Goddard
waltcpa@sierra.net

///