Re: Ride on mowers (was RE: weed trimmers)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, <jdrush@enter.net>
Subject: Re: Ride on mowers (was RE: weed trimmers)
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:59:48 -0400
No, I am not certain of this.  And actually I probably shouldn't have said it
at all with regards to the mowers.  Truthfully, I was thinking small tractors
when I wrote it.  Even with small tractors, I do not know it as an absolute
fact.  I know a lot of them have Yanmar engines in them, and what appears to be
Yanmar running gear, but that's as far as I can go on it.

Nolan Penney wrote:
> I agree about the suggestion to examine a Kubota, for the very reasons
>outlined.  And no, the Scott is not a Deere, not that a Deere is a Deere
>either (it's a Yanmar).

Are you sure about this? I was told that the mower business was to be
sold, but the sale was never completed.

///