Carbs and rads

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Carbs and rads
From: epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:58:46 -0400
Here is an answer that my buddy gave me about the vacuum hose that runs to
the carb and radiator.

I may be wrong, but this could be a carb heat system.  Some carbs have a
tendency to freeze in cooler climates as the pressure and temp drops across
the jets, especially smaller ones.  My guess is heated air from the rad
vents up the tube into the carb body.  I'm not sure how common this is in
US
market bikes, but many destined for europe have it.  Piston/prop aircraft
almost all have carb heaters, since you can't get out and push if it
stalls.

Inch

///