Re: another metalworking question

To: Eugene D Abbondelo <eabb@sun8.loc.gov>
Subject: Re: another metalworking question
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 16:40:54 -0400
Eugene D Abbondelo wrote:

> I'm considering purchasing an air-operated sheet metal cutter.  I
> notice that Eastwood , Harbor Freight, etc.  list an air-powered
> shear and an air-powered nibbler.

  I have an air nibbler and like it a lot. It's fast,
does 18ga, and consumables are seldom needed and cheap.

  The only downside, and it's kind of a big one, is that
the nibbler produces pounds and pounds of razor sharp
"crescent moons" that get everywhere. They stick in your
hair, your shoes, your clothes. You'll be picking them
out of your carpet, your pillow, and your cheerios
for months.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca