Re: Oil Can Misery

To: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Can Misery
From: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:41:46 -0300
Gerald, Doug and Randall;

Glad to know I am not the only one with an oily bench!
Thanks for the good ideas. Now that you mention it, Doug, my cans are for
the most part two piece, and the seams could very well be leaking. I will
give the solder trick a try.

Regarding the threads, one can in particular seems to have a lot of oil
dripping down the can from this area. I will check the gasket. My garage
temperature does rise and fall significantly in the winter, so it may also
be temperature change inside the can that creates the pressure rise forcing
oil out.

I have had my imagination tweaked by you guys and am going on the hunt!

Will report back with findings.

Dave