Shop Wiring

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shop Wiring
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 10:29:25 -0700
I moved a month ago and still don't have my shop in the garage organized.  I
have a raised concert pad surrounding two inside walls of my garage.  On
this pad, I have been assembling a combination of shelves with workstations
tables with pegboard backs around the perimeter so far.

My question arises from the fact I want an air compressor and a blast
cabinet.  The builder of this house did an excellent job in providing ample
outlets out there, but they are all 110.  What does it take to have a 220
outlet installed? (I am right in thinking that I cannot get an air
compressor that can run a sand blaster at 110, aren't I)  One wall is
adjacent to the wall with the clothes dryer, so there is 220 power in that
wall.  It is a two story house, so running wires from the switch box would
probably be difficult.

Also any "building a shop" website recommendations are welcome.

Patton Dickson

** Note the new e-mail, kpdii@softhome.net **

Patton Dickson, Richmond, TX
http://members.nbci.com/spridget/index.html