Newbie with a question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie with a question
From: Andy Burbidge <andyb@tms-int.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 11:57:41 +0100
Hi there fellow shop-talkers.

Quick introduction. I've been lurking on this list for a few months now
after seeing this list mentioned on another list. Anyway I'm based in the
south of England (so I guess that put me in the minortiy on this list at
least :-)

OK, to my question. Does anyone have any experience of advise concerning
tube bending. I'm not talking about copper tube in domestic plumbing but
2inch (50mm) OD steel tube used in roll bars/cages. I have access to a
hydralic bender but I don't have the money to spend experimenting. I'm
mainly interested in the 'how-to' bend a U shape such that I can govern how
wide/tall the resultant U will be.

BTW, nice to see some talk of classic British sports cars on this list.

TIA