Re: cotton vrs paper towels

To: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: cotton vrs paper towels
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 22:03:36 -0500
>> I was told by my eye doctor to never use paper towels to clean your
glasses
>> because of the wood content in the paper...  only use cotton... its much
>> more scratch free than paper towel  ???
>
>I know that using a paper towel is a sure way to scratch the plastic
>"scratch resistant" finish on my glasses.  I carry around a small piece of
>flannel "polishing cloth" to dry my glasses after cleaning ...

That's why my glasses are glass.  Photo-Gray Extra.  Real glass lenses and
titanium frames.  I have had them for about 14 years now.  I have had to
have the nose pads replaced twice, at four bucks a pop.  My prescription has
changed little, though the presbyopia has come to stay.

My "nears" are polycarbonate safety plastic I get from work.  I get a new
pair free every year.  I have one pair at work and one for home.  I never
take the side-shields off the home pair, so they don't wear out and I'm
always good to go in the shop for grinding or the like.

Daughter Amanda has presented us with a second grandchild.  Sirena Mae
Stremski
arrived on the first day of Spring 2001, weighing 7 pounds 3 ounces.

///