Shop Vac replacement

To: Shop-Talk Maillist <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shop Vac replacement
From: Jim Ferguson <jferg@twave.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 01:02:32 -0400
My old Shop Vac motor burned out last week and I went shopping for a new
one.  I wanted one that would use the accessories and parts I had
accumulated over the years for my Old DEAD "8 gal Shop Vac".

I got a Wall-Mart $36.95  replacement, however I later found that the
current models don't have the EXHAUST  port for the hose.  I guess it is
the result of the  Lawyers.  I have packed the thing up to return to
Wall Mart. But First I will ask on this list for help.

The Exhaust port is important for me because I used my old one for
raising my jet-ski lift for maintenance, drying under the car seats,
etc., etc., etc.

I don't need or want one of the "removable blower" models available. I
want one like I had--Small, light, portable, and with an exhaust port.

I can find NO manufacturer that makes a Vac that will Blow. I am at the
point of trying to CLONE the new Vac into the Old one and somehow come
out with what I want. (Disassemble both and reassemble my new Vac.)

Anybody on this list know of a small size (<10Gal) Shop Vac that has a
hole for the exhaust from the unit.  Lowe's, HD, WallMart, KMart, WWW,
hasn't produced any leads.

Thanks

Jim

///