Re: Personal responsibility (was Re: warning - explosive metal

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Personal responsibility (was Re: warning - explosive metal
From: "Rex Burkheimer - WM" <rex@txol.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:58:55 -0500
That's all very noble, and I agree. But will your heirs share this view?  Do
you have a close relative who could see an opportunity for a quick buck due
to your untimely demise?

Mark Donahue was very emphatic about taking sole personal responsibility for
the risks he took in auto racing. That did not stop his widow from suing
Goodyear when a racing tire failed at high speed.

Are there specific instructions in your will to this effect?

> And if I injure myself through carelessness or ignorance (or a Darwinian
> moment, whatever that may be), I'll take responsibility for it, not blame
> someone else because "they should've told me".  I never planned on living
> forever, anyway.

///