Speaking of things in the garage

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Speaking of things in the garage
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 16:22:31 -0700
   The question of fridge storage and animals bought a question that I
should have asked earlier in the week.  I have been very busy with work and
not going in the garage on a regular basis for about a month now.  I went
out last weekend and found that I have a rat problem.  Those nasty rodents
pee'd on my table saw and also for good measure on my joiner/planner and of
course caused rust.  That looks pretty nasty, what is the best way to clean
up that stuff?

   The rats (2 rats) are no more, thanks to a few teaspoons of peanut
butter and some traps.  I cleaned up the poop and left bait for 4 days now
and no new signs of infestation.  But this weekend I need to clean up that
rust on, the joiner/planner had been waxed about 2 months and unused since
then so I am hoping that the damage is only superficial and the wax helped
prevent real damage.  I was surprised at the amount of rust by a little
urine, yes I know its acidic but still was surprised.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/