Re: Laid up refrigerator.

To: <bn1@pacbell.net>, <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
Subject: Re: Laid up refrigerator.
From: "Tim Mullen" <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:27:47 -0400
>>> David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com> 4/5/2001 1:03:48 AM >>>
>
> > Do I leave it slightly ajar so it won't mold or get otherwise nasty?  Or,
>do I
> > close it up so many of my friendly critters don't decide to take up
>residence
> > there?
>
> I'd make sure it's clean, make sure there's no standing water any where, and
> close it.  Put a box of baking soda in it.

I'll second that advice.  Make sure it's completely empty and totally clean!

When we moved into our house, the previous owners left a refrigerator in the
garage.  All my garage stuff and extra house stuff blocked the 'fridge in.  A
couple of months later, when I finally dug it out (got the rest properly
stored),
I discovered that they had left some food in the freezer.  And it was
unplugged.
Took a lot of work and at least a gallon of bleach to clean it out and get the
smell out...   8-(

Tim Mullen

///
///