Re: Laid up refrigerator.

To: "Roland Wilhelmy" <rwil@cts.com>, "Elton Clark"
Subject: Re: Laid up refrigerator.
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 07:27:13 -0700
Bill :

I face this problem every 'winter', for the fridge in my motorhome.

The best approach I've found is to sponge down the interior with a weak
bleach solution (one cup chlorine laundry bleach in a gallon of warm
water with a dash of dish detergent), then leave the door propped open
(wide open in my case).

None of the local fauna have ever shown any interest in it after this
treatment (they seem to prefer the cabinets).

Randall
near LA

bn1@pacbell.net wrote:

> Due to the very real power problem in California, I took the huge step of
> unplugging my garage refrigerator.
> Do I leave it slightly ajar so it won't mold or get otherwise nasty?  Or, do I
> close it up so many of my friendly critters don't decide to take up residence
> there?

///
///