Re: Concrete Mixers

To: nogera@Prodigy.Net
Subject: Re: Concrete Mixers
From: "rb 90" <rboyce90@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 19:22:43 -0700
Actually I got my wife a cement mixer for mothers day........ she was not
happy. We didn't use the premix stuff. I went to the local sand and gravel
yard and got a load of gravel and a load of sand, then bought portland
cement at the local home improvement store and mixed away. Makes for a very
cost effective way of doing concrete. We would load 5 gal. buckets with sand
and another with gravel and another with the cement. I don't remember the
exact proportions right now but we ended up with very consistent batches.
With two people the work progresses very quickly. Trust me when I say we
poured a lot of projects around the house. If you keep your projects to
about a yard at a time,Approx 80 sq.ft at 3 1/2 inches thick, then it is
very doable.
On projects I have done with the premixed in a bag, I always added extra
cement. Makes for a better job......... Happy mixing

>From: "BOB  NOGUEIRA" <nogera@Prodigy.Net>
>To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Concrete Mixers
>Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 20:55:56 -0600
>
>Okay folks, my wife came up  with what she thinks is a great idea, she
>wants
>to buy one of those small batch concrete mixers. We have several projects
>planned that evolve concrete ( walkways, flower bed edges, dog run ) but
>having never used one, I'm not really sure as to how well they work.
>Is it feasible to pour a 3foot by 30 foot walk way using a mixer?  Cost
>wise
>how does it compare to Ready mix or
>a bag of quickcrete?
>As always I look forward to your experience and knowledge
be sent.