Re: Sawz-all clone on sale at Harbor Freight

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: Re: Sawz-all clone on sale at Harbor Freight
From: Susan and Mark Miller <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:40:10 -0800
Randall Young wrote:

> Has anyone tried this reciprocating saw, currently on sale for $40 at HF ?
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=42596&cid=
>
> I'm sure it's not the quality of a Milwaukee or Makita, but is it adequate
> for occasional use ?
>
> I'm normally leery of 'Chicago Electric' (aka Chinese cr*p), but my 4" angle
> grinder has served quite well for several years now ...
>
> Randall

Life is too short to use bad tools.  I also had one of the HF grinders.  Worked
fine.  Sounded like a blender full of ball bearings.  When I got a Makita
grinder
(at a police auction with a bunch of other tools) I was amazed at how much nicer
it was TO USE.  Yes, they both worked, but oh the customer satisfaction.

Go for used, go for ebay, but don't get crappy electric tools.  They just don't
feel as nice.

Mark Miller
more tools than time.

///