Re: Sawz-all clone on sale at Harbor Freight

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: Re: Sawz-all clone on sale at Harbor Freight
From: Epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:11:06 -0500
This looks like the one I bought years ago.  It is a good saw.  The
"variable speed" is NOT in the trigger.  It's a dial on top of the unit.
The switch is very good (that is the part that I find to be crap on cheap
units)

HOWEVER, the blade lock is worthless.  It's a little hex screw that
stripped the 2nd time I used it (and it kept coming loose)
I modified it to take a different screw, but it would still come loose.  I
bought a Dewalt 18v set and the saw in that kit is 500X better!  If you
want, I'll sell you my corded one for $20. 8>)  (I haven't touched it
since I bough the new kit)

Inch

Has anyone tried this reciprocating saw, currently on sale for $40 at HF ?
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/taf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=42596&cid=

Randall

///
///