metal bender

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: metal bender
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:12:33 -0600
I am the proud owner of a Harbor Frieght (Pittsburgh) compact metal bender.
Used to bend bar, round stock, etc into scrolls, angles and such...  will
handle up to 1/4" thick 1-1/4" wide bar stock and round stock up to 5/8"...
neat tool !!!

The 'assembly & operations manual"  is 7 pages of less than detailed
assembly diagrams and warnings about misuse.

While I understand the principle behind this machine ...some operating
tips, instructions, guides would have been nice.   Maybe even some examples
of what you can do and what dies to use and pin placement ???

Anyone have any experience they would like to share on/off line with a
rookie metal bender person ???

thanks

john

///