Re: Router table recommendations and brain teaser.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Router table recommendations and brain teaser.
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:15:28 -0800
Thanks guys,

It seems a lot of you are using your table saws as the basis for your router
tables.
I don't currently have a table saw (although I could use one...), and this
seems a
good excuse to buy one... =8^)  I particularly like Steve's idea which nets a
jointer
out of the works...cool!

About the brain teaser, I've been told that there is a solution, and that all
the
info given is sufficient.  The precursor puzzle to this one was, in case anyone
is interested, follows below; I've managed to work that one out.  But the
"one-use"
puzzle has really gotten me stumped; there's gotta be some trick to it!

Mike

>You have 8 balls.  One of which is either heavier or lighter than the others.
>They all look exactly the same.  You have three uses of the scale to figure
>out which one is different.  How do you do it?  What about if you had 12 balls?

///
///