Re: Paint Spray Booth

To: Gil Fuqua <gil.fuqua@cci-ir.com>
Subject: Re: Paint Spray Booth
From: Epetrevich@relavis.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:43:31 -0500
Gil asks...
>I am interested in building a spray booth for painting small parts.  The
>booth would be housed in my shop and I plan to vent it outside.  My
primary
>interest is venting the fumes outside, controlling the overspray and
having
>a well lit spot for painting.
>Any experience, plans or thoughts on building a tabletop paint spray
booth?

Gil, I'm sending this to you and the list (I've edited out the ///
comments, but I'm not sure if that's all that required to post to  the
list)

In my last shop, I set up an old pool cover that could drop down from the
ceiling in one of the bays.  That way I could drop it down, paint and pull
it up so it didn't take up space when I wasn't painting.  I will do the
same at my new place once I need to paint something.

For a smaller part(s), I picked up an old horse trailer.  I would just
paint inside that (with a breather on).  There is no overspray outside.  I
can prevent dust from the outside from falling on the piece(s) and I don't
have to paint inside the shop.  The trailer is small enough that a small
heater could be placed in there once I was done to help "cure" the paint.
The trailer is mobile, so I can park it away from the shop when I'm not
using it.

These trailers go for about $50 bucks once they can no longer haul horses
(but are perfect for this use).  They can also be used to store stuff in
when not being used as a paint booth.

Inch

///
///