Re: Cool Magazines.

To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: Re: Cool Magazines.
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:06:18 -0600
What's IN Workbench?
workbench is basically for woodworkers and furniture builders... sawrunners
and sanders... but some other interesting stuff sometimes..

By fab shop, do you mean tools or the shop itself?

they have ideas...tip sheets.... how too's....  jigs and tools... plans for
metal benders, brakes, rolls, english wheels
a really good collection of information on equipment and it's use

ditto on woodworking, electrical, steam/sterling engines..etc...  their
catalog is probably 30 or so pages in a 3pt font...  you need your bifocals
to study the catalog for long...

They also have one of those tubing notchers that uses a hole saw
on sale for $30.  Are those any good?

the original 'Ole Joint Jigger" sells for over $100.00... I'd imagine the
30 dollar model would cut much more frustrating notches with 1/3 the
accuracy and 4 times the aggravation...I've always wanted to use one of
those but would never pay the high $$$ just to play with it

john

///
///