Re: Cool Magazines.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cool Magazines.
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 13:38:54 -0600
I've taken workbench for years..... but I've also taken Family Handyman..
home improvement articles/reviews/etc
Tools of the Trade... good free trades magazine with excellent product
comparision/reviews..geared toward building trades
Custom and Classic Trucks -
Classic Truck
Southern Rodder  ..  all of these for my Ford Truck fetish
Street Rodder

Used to enjoy Popular Mechanics...but it's turned into an advertising
vehicle now

There are some metalworking mags that I pick up on occasion but do not
subscribe
and I'm always surfing the net looking for projects and 'stuff' to try
building

are you familiar with "Wood-Met" plans ???  catalog listing about a zillion
publications they sell with all types of wood/metal working, machine shop,
fab shop plans, tips, ideas..etc... ??  good info ...reasonable cost

it's funny... when we go to Books a Million...my wife goes straight to the
cookbooks (she's a baker) and I head to the magazine "wall" first...

I've been searching for some metal bender plans and finally found what I
thought was a good set on the net and ordered them....  by the time I
figured out what the material and time would cost me.... I bought one on
sale from Harbor Freight for 59.00... same design "Pittsburgh" name with a
limited lifetime warranty....... says it will bend 1/4" stock 2" wide...
round and square tubing.... we'll see....

anyone have any experience with this tool from H.F.

///
///