RE: 3 phase power

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 3 phase power
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:11:46 -0800
Inch :

You're probably thinking of the 'idler motor' conversion approach, which works
fine _if_ you don't need full power output from your 3-phase motor.  There are
plans for a basic version at http://www.team.net/www/shop-talk/hm3phase.html and
an improved version at http://members.home.net/rdoctors/ph-conv.html .  Using a
big idler motor, and properly tuned capacitors, and an over-rated motor (service
factor), you can probably get full name-plate power out of it without burning
anything up.

Randall