RE: Water Alarm

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Water Alarm
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 13:36:17 -0600
>I know I've seen those little water alarms in some catalog.  You know the
>ones, stick the sensor on the floor and the cord runs to the buzzer that

If you want a lot more technology (for more $$) check on a more
sophisticated system.  Look at some of the systems at www.smarthome.com --
search for "waterbug", "sensaphone", and "water cop".  The sensaphone
system calls you at up to 4 or 8 numbers to report a problem.  Oh... it's
not cheap, but not expensive if it saves you $10,000.  These are compatible
with X10 or other home automation systems. (sorry, don't want to get
started on that again).

    Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
    daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
    '74 TR6  '88 XJ6                         http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191
  Your Home Is Your Castle --- so, Automate It! http://www.automate-it.com