Re: waste-oil heaters?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: waste-oil heaters?
From: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:26:13 -0700
On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 11:11:44AM -0400, bownes wrote:

> Lan-Air makes a nice unit. And they have been known to discount them
> rather well.
>
> I looked into a group buy a couple of years ago. Looked like we could get
> about 25-30% discount on the $1200 unit.

I've been wondering- with these units, what happens to the nasties
that're in the used oil?  Metals, sludge and toxins.  Where
do they go when you use the oil for heat?  Up the stack and
into the atmosphere, or is there a filter that keeps
the worst bits from getting burnt?  Then, what do you
do with the leftovers?

--
  Eric Murray http://www.lne.com/ericm  ericm at lne.com  PGP keyid:E03F65E5
                     Consulting Security Architect