Re: Breaking concrete

To: epetrevich@relavis.com
Subject: Re: Breaking concrete
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:53:05 -0400
epetrevich@relavis.com wrote:
> I wanted to remove this lip.  Can I do this with a mortar chisel?  Should I
> use a jack hammer (I never have used one before)

  If you can beg/borrow/steal an air compressor, you can
get $20 air hammers and put a $1 air chisel in there, and
have at it.

  It's fast, effective, and a lot of fun. When I first
got my air compressor it was so fun to crack up masonry
that I destroyed half of my "odd bricks and cinder blocks"
pile just for fun.

  I use the air chisel to cut stones for patios and gardens
too, just score the cut you want to make with an angle
grinder and a masonry wheel, then hit it with the chisel
and it cracks along the line.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca