Re: Garage Doors

To: epetrevich@relavis.com
Subject: Re: Garage Doors
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 06:39:57 -0500

first, I think Trevor had a good idea with the roll up door.... but also
understanding that you already have the slide door and it's in good
condition.......  I would think that a screw drive opener would work
find.... the chain drive would give you problems when the chain got
slack...but screw drive doesn't have this problem...  now...  how far do
you have to pull it ???  can you find a screw drive that is long enought to
slide the door completely open...  I would think that 9' to 10' would be
the max.  A call to the manufacturer could verify if a longer screw shaft
is available....

One other thought...you might check with Northern tool or one of the farm
supply catalogs for "gate openers"...  they might have something that could
be 're-engineered' to work..

john

epetrevich@relavis.com@autox.team.net on 08/30/2000 12:19:08 PM

Please respond to epetrevich@relavis.com