Re: Bandsaw problem solution

To: ericm@lne.com
Subject: Re: Bandsaw problem solution
From: George P Dausch IV <gpd4@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 09:11:21 -0400
Eric,
I never release tension.  Don't think that was it.

As you probably know, the blade is made in thousand plus feet coils, cut
to length, then welded into a circle.  Bigger band saws have the welder
built in and we buy straight coils, fit to the machine, weld ends
together, then tension.  One possibility is that yours was welded out of
plane, the other is that you caught and jammed it on material, which will
sometimes cause the same problem.

Either way, for what they cost, trash it, keep a spare, and move on.

You might want to check the MSC site or catalog to look at other types
and teeth spacing if you do much cutting.
GPD4

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.