Re: Storing Parts

To: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: Storing Parts
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@cts.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:58:50 -0700
Breakfree is also specified for electric garage door opener mechanisms
and should be available in most any adequate hardware store.  I'd
consider LPS3 myself, though.

-Roland

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:16:48 -0500, you wrote:

::
:: Rex suggested:
::
:: > My experience with WD40 and stored firearms indicates rust prevention is
:: not
:: > it's strong suit. Less than a year later, rust was forming.
::
:: I've had the same experience and, when I asked an old trusted gunsmith/gun
:: maker, he touted me onto a product called "Breakfree" which does not gum up
:: and does protect against rust . . It's at gun stores and it's fairly
:: 'spensive; about 6 bucks for a spray can.
::
:: Tony
::
::