Re: attaching a 2x4 to concrete slab

To: "Scott Hall" <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: attaching a 2x4 to concrete slab
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 23:28:55 -0500

>b) a rifle-cartridge-powered nail gun.  this seemed to use .22 cal
>cartridges to fire nails into concrete.  same concern here.  the nails
>didn't look very substantial, although they were long(er).  wouldn't a
>nail in concrete be easy to just pull out?  I keep thinking I need
>something with threads here.

I have the cheap (hit it with a hammer) Remington rifle-cartridge-powered
nail gun.  Works fine.  Used it to nail treated 2x4s to the garage slab to
partition the building into garage and shop.   Follow the directions
carefully and keep the thing pressed firmly down whilst you smack with the
hammer.  No problems so far.

Be sure to use treated wood.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green