auto glue to use?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: auto glue to use?
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 21:16:43 -0400 (EDT)
hey y'all,

this afternoon my bro and I were installing the cd player in the s/o's car
(gotta get her pearl jam fix, ya know...)  anyhow, in his haste, the bro
accidentally broke a louver in a dash vent.  you know, one of those teeny
tiny flaps that direct the air.  anyway, toyota won't just sell me a
louver, and the entire assembly is a little pricey, so I'm hoping to glue
this thing back together.  now in the past, whenever I try to glue a
plastic, I always end up using the 'wrong' kind of glue and ruin the whole
thing.  so, anybody know what kind of glue to use on this kind of plastic?
it's the generic kind you find in toyota/mazda (and I suspect most other
cars') dashes.  I think it might be abs, but I'm not sure.  so before i
whip out the super glue or the plastic weld I have, somebody know if it'll
work?

thanks in advance,

scott