Re: hot safe

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hot safe
From: jniolon@uss.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:23:48 -0500

Richard,

what size safe were you going to buy ???  would it be feasible to build a
steel box.... say 1/4 or 3/8 plate...three or so inches larger than the
safe... insert the safe with adequate standoffs and pour concrete or some
other fire rated material around it... thereby doubling (at lease) the fire
rating ???  ...couldn't be that expensive if the size isn't gonna kill you
just a thought

I bought an old safe (50+ years) approx 30" square with an inside
dimensions of about 18 d x 24h  x 18w  ...got no idea how it's rated but I
plan on putting it in the garage just to hold important papers... think the
heat would be less out there with fewer combustibles.. less the automobiles
of course...

john

Richard George <rkg@teleport.com> on 07/21/2000 10:53:25 AM

Please respond to Richard George <rkg@teleport.com>