metal strength.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: metal strength.
From: "Steve Budde" <super_racenut@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 08:21:35 PDT
General metal working questions.  I need to fabricate a harness bar to AutoX
my car.  All of the one's that I have seen use a bracket made of 1/4" steel
mounted to the stock shoulder belt mount.  Can I use two 1/8" pieces (that I
already have) instead of a single 1/4"??  I also don't have access to
welding equipment, to cut down on the welding bill can I epoxy these to
pieces (flat to flat, to build up thickness) and have it be as good as
welded?  I'm just trying to be cheap without being stupid.
If you're wondering why I don't buy a prefab one it's because they don't
make one for my car, and I have the parts to do it, but not the welding
equipment.

Thanks

Steve Budde
mailto:super_racenut@hotmail.com