Re: New Garage Door

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Garage Door
From: Tom Stangler <stangle@infi.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:47:25 -0400
I bought and installed a Clopay 14' x 7' steel 4 section roll up from Lowes
for $400.  Works like a champ and is lightweight.

At 01:22 AM 4/19/00 , William M. Gilroy wrote:

>I am in need of a new garage door for my house.  The door is for
>a single car garage.  The current door is a really thin fiberglass
>and it has several cracks and the seal at the bottom is shot.  That
>is allowing mice into the garage.  Just tonight I found a nest in
>the trunk of my Midget, the wife heard a mouse in the attic (and
>it really wigged her out.)  So I set some traps and about 2 hours
>later we hear my dog, Charlie Chan the wonder Shar-Pei crashing
>into the kitchen cabinets.  By the time I get there I see him
>swallow a mouse.  This further wigs out the wife.  In the process
>of smashing his head under the cabinet to get the mouse he busted
>open 3 cuts, one that might need to be stitched close.  This further
>annoyed the wife.  So as I was sitting on the floor cleaning out
>the dogs cuts and stopping the bleeding, he barfs up one half chewed
>mouse into my lap.  Now I am wigged out.  Now it really time for a
>new garage door, I have reached my limit.
>
>Since I am hoping to move in about one year I don't want the worlds
>best door, and a roll up door is out.  The door must be paintable to
>match the house.
>
>I guess my choices are a wood door or an insulated door.  I do not want
>any windows.  It must have a mouse proof seal at the bottom and at
>the edges.  Is there anything I should take into account when
>shopping the door.  Any recommendations.  Type of weather stripping
>around the door?
>
>-----
>Bill Gilroy
>77 Midget
>90 Shar-Pei (who has to stay)

__
Tom Stangler, Va Beach, VA
Track Car: 320HP '86 5.0 Mustang
QA\QC\Safety Manager\Track Event Driving Instructor
http://stangler.com/motorsports/
http://stangler.com/tom/
mailto:tom@stangler.com