New Garage Door

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: New Garage Door
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 01:22:59 -0400

I am in need of a new garage door for my house.  The door is for
a single car garage.  The current door is a really thin fiberglass
and it has several cracks and the seal at the bottom is shot.  That
is allowing mice into the garage.  Just tonight I found a nest in
the trunk of my Midget, the wife heard a mouse in the attic (and
it really wigged her out.)  So I set some traps and about 2 hours
later we hear my dog, Charlie Chan the wonder Shar-Pei crashing
into the kitchen cabinets.  By the time I get there I see him
swallow a mouse.  This further wigs out the wife.  In the process
of smashing his head under the cabinet to get the mouse he busted
open 3 cuts, one that might need to be stitched close.  This further
annoyed the wife.  So as I was sitting on the floor cleaning out
the dogs cuts and stopping the bleeding, he barfs up one half chewed
mouse into my lap.  Now I am wigged out.  Now it really time for a
new garage door, I have reached my limit.

Since I am hoping to move in about one year I don't want the worlds
best door, and a roll up door is out.  The door must be paintable to
match the house.

I guess my choices are a wood door or an insulated door.  I do not want
any windows.  It must have a mouse proof seal at the bottom and at
the edges.  Is there anything I should take into account when
shopping the door.  Any recommendations.  Type of weather stripping
around the door?

-----
Bill Gilroy
77 Midget