Re: Pressure Washer Attachment

To: darmstrong@ptbo.igs.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pressure Washer Attachment
From: "Steve Sutton" <stevepsd@ca.freei.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:00:49 -0800
Doug,

    I used this exact setup several years ago to completely strip a
Triumph TR-6 frame.  It was great, no dust, no resperator, I just
wore goggles.  I ended up with a big area covered in damp sand,
but it was easy to cleanup after it dried.  Depending on weather
conditions you *may* end up with 'flash rust' on the surface of the
metal, but a quick conversion coating (zinc phosphate) will take
care of that.

   The unit I used was 3000psi and was probably a bit overkill, but
that's what the rental yard had.  This type of setup is getting a bit
more popular as the EPA cracks down on PM-10 pollution (10
micron and finer).  In fact in my area (Ridgecrest, CA - in the
middle of the Mojave desert) you cannot rent a regular sand blaster
- it creates to much dust!?! - so you have to use the pressure
washer way if the item is to big to fit in a blasting cabinet.

Hope this helps.

Steve Sutton
stevepsd@ca.freei.net