Re: 4posts and garage doors

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4posts and garage doors
From: Eric J Petrevich/LRM<inch@megageek.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:06:35 -0500
Mike, the reason you don't see the doors more often is cost.  They are WAY
more expensive than standard doors.

As for side mounting the opener.  Go to a professional garage door
installer and buy your doors from him.  Tell him what you want to do.  Buy
a GOOD quality door.  Let HIM install them.  All these things will be
important for a door that is not pulled from the center.
I had new doors installed in my garage a while back.  I was in Germany at
the time, so I had them professional installed.  (It was not that much
more)  The doors can easily be lifted from ONE side only.  These are 8'
wide X 9' high doors that slide easy with no effort.  I don't think I could
have done a better installation myself.

Inch

Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com> on 03/15/2000 06:45:10 PM
Please respond to Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>