Re: Barn Critters

To: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Subject: Re: Barn Critters
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:07:36 -0700

Brian Borgstede wrote:

> While sitting on the hopper reading a magazine,
> I had a thought,
> How about one of those big bags that you roll the
> whole car into and seal it up tight?
> I imagine that you could put moth balls or
> bars of soap or silica gell or whatever in the bag
> to keep your car fresh.  I think I have seen ads in
> Hemmings for these things.  I wonder if they work?

Oh, they work... just don't know if they're strong enough to keep
determined rodents out. A goodly portion of eastern New Mexico lost
long-distance service a couple of weeks ago when some apparently
famished rodents chewed through a bundle of fiber optics cables.... (!)

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM