Re: Reconditioned Milwaukee Tools

To: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Subject: Re: Reconditioned Milwaukee Tools
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 18:44:55 -0800
Hi Tim,

I'm not a contractor or serious wood saw user.  I am building a
room on the back of my house with many 4x6 and 4x8 exposed beams,
and will be building a larger octagonal gazebo in a month or
two.  Both require some reasonably accurate, larger beam miter
cuts, and I only had a PC framing saw and a hand miter -- I did
not want to tackle miter cuts on 4x8 timbers with either one. :)

Anyway, I won't be running it everyday, eight hours a day, so I
probably will not ever find out if the reconditioned units are as
good as the new ones.  I will, however, post a note in six months
or so once it has logged some serious hours.

Like you, I only buy Milwaukee or PC power tools.  I did look at
the Delta compound miters (inexpensive, but very low quality
imported junk), and the DeWalt units (seemed ok, but nowhere near
the quality of the Milwaukee, and too pricey not to go the extra
dollars to get a Milwaukee).

This Milwaukee 6496 is a very nice tool -- the nicest saw I have
ever used.  But again, I spend more time with a torque wrench
than a wood saw.

doug