Reconditioned Milwaukee Tools

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reconditioned Milwaukee Tools
From: Douglas Shook <shook@usc.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 11:10:52 -0800
Hi Shop Talkers,

I never tried it before from fear of ending up with a worn out
tool, but I just bought a "reconditioned" Milwaukee 6496 10"
Magnum Slide Compound Miter Saw from HF, and what a beautiful
tool it is.  It will do precision compound miters and cut a 4x12
timber with one stroke.

These reconditioned units are rebuilt by Milwaukee to the
original tool's specs and carry the same lifetime warranty as the
new tools. The saw I bought does not have a mark on it, looks,
feels and "smells" like a new one.

I don't know what the street price for a new one is, but McMaster
lists it for $727.15 (I'm sure it could be $100 cheaper at HD if
they carry it), but the reconditioned one was on sale for $379 at
the HF website, or about a $350 difference. Wow!

It comes from the factory with original packing, new manuals, new
10" carbide blade, the whole schmoe.

If I seem pleased with this purchase, it is because I am.  I did
not know what to expect buying a reconditioned unit, but I am
very, very pleased. It is just a great saw. and I just thought I
would pass along my experience.

I have no affiliation with Harbor Freight (I do not like them
actually, nor do I normally order from them), so this purchase
was an exception for me.

Now, however, I am eying one of their reconditioned Milwaukee
1/2" hammer drills for $129 or that 360 degree right angle drill
for $199.

doug