RE: AN Bolts & Nuts

To: "'Chris Crisenbery'" <ffajackson@absolute-net.com>,
Subject: RE: AN Bolts & Nuts
From: Robert Bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 13:54:19 -0500

> Looking for a good source of AN bolts and nuts. Several years
> back I was
> using a company called (I believe) Alexander Airplane, but have lost
> their number and catalog. Would like to order over the net also.

Aircraft Spruce has them.

But a *FAR* better and *FAR* cheaper source of good hardware is much
closer at hand to almost all of us.

The local Caterpillar dealer. Look 'em up in the phone book.

You can buy one or a hundred AN or grade 8 fasteners.

One of the Cat failure analysis guys is someone I flag races with. They
even have a form you can fill in to specify everything you need.

If you are in a rural area, try the local farm machinery houses as well.
I used to buy grade 8 fasteners @ the local John Deere place.

If you are not rural, any decent size city has a number of fastener
houses. Some are better than others. I've found the folks like Cat & JD
have most, if not all the fasteners I need, are *real*, not fake
AN/grade8, and are well priced.

Bob