Re: Setting up air lines in the shop

To: "Pauley, Ken" <Ken.Pauley@Allin.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Setting up air lines in the shop
From: "Stephen" <slb1@humboldt1.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:57:07 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BF56E5.7F8FE720
        charset="iso-8859-1"

Hi Ken,

I set my compressor plumbing the way TIP Tools suggests.  I used 3/4"
galvanized pipe with risers and drains as they describe.  I have attached a
link to their web page that describes the plumbing set up through a link
about half way down the page at number 5.  The link was not working when I
tried so you may want to give it a try yourself.

If you can't get the link you can have them send you a catalog.  There is a
great drawing in the catalog of how to plumb.  I pretty much followed all
the details and I have cool and dry air even before it gets to my filter.  I
have an overhead down sloping line that runs about 25' before I tap into it.
This gives the vapor time to condense and drop as liquid into the vertical
drains.  It is some work and not cheap to install but it works great.

My compressor is at ground level but I have seen them up high.  If it gets
hot in that part of your shop you might not want to put the compressor up
there.  An advantage of the high placement might be that the water would
drain down your lines away from the compressor.  This might make the daily
water draining a little easier.  I hooked up a cable to the ball valve in my
drain line.  I pull a knob on the outside of the compressor cabinet and the
water shoots out a drain line onto the ground.  This adds a bit of fun to my
daily routine!

Good luck,

Stephen
 restoring a '50 Chevy Suburban and a '58 Chevy Fleetside Pickup

> In any case, I am going to setup a new garage with air lines in the wall,
> what is the best way to go?  I am only going to pop in a couple of outlets
> for it, I just want to get the compressor out of the way.  From the one
web
> page I can get to it looks like iron is the way to go.  Any other advice?
> was also thinking about shoving the compressor up in the ceiling to get it
> out of the way, but am worried about it shaking the whole place up.  Is it
> bad idea to put it up high or is there a way to do it right that I should
> know about?
advice....

> Ken Pauley (I saw a posting from a fellow b-body owner earlier....cool!)

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01BF56E5.7F8FE720
        name="TIP Tools & Equipment, Inc. Tech Line Compressors ... Air
Consumption.url"
        filename="TIP Tools & Equipment, Inc. Tech Line Compressors ... Air
Consumption.url"

[DEFAULT]
BASEURL=3Dhttp://www.tiptools.com/tech_line/compressors/air_consumption.h=
tml