Re: cheaper dyno?

To: Andy Poling <andy@globalauctions.com>
Subject: Re: cheaper dyno?
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:26:26 -0500 (EST)
someone on the 2stroke list was talking about this recently, istr.
suggested using a railroad wheel (either he had one, or the railyard was
giving them out cheap) 'cause they're good solid steel, well balanced, and
strong enough to hold up under the rpm and acceleration/deceleration
loads.  also machineable to get a smaller mass if desired.  I also seem to
remember him saying he could do the data acquisition program pretty
easily, too, but I might be off on that.  anyway, check a local railyard,
or another suggestion was a 35-gallon drum filled with cement.  have to
get it balanced pretty good, though to use it as a roller.  good luck
either way.

scott