chicago electric?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: chicago electric?
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 00:25:34 -0500 (EST)
wise list,

I have a question regarding the rep of chicago electric.  the time of good
will towards all men is fast approaching, and this means a hefty present
for me.  I've decided this year to request the s/o skip the clothes,
shoes, self-improvement crap, etc. and instead concentrate her efforts
into something that'll _really_ make me happy: an official red rider
range rover air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which
tells time...

no, wait.  it was a <cue angel hymn> mig welder.  a real one, not a flux
jobbie, but one with bottles an' everything.  hoping to cut her some slack
I was looking through the harbor freight catalog and lo, I see many models
by 'chicago electric'.  all 'factory reconditioned', but it'll get used
only a few times a year (after I'm done with the obligatory play/break-in
period, which should last several weeks), so I'm not sweating reliability.

so, though I know I'd _really_ like a miller or marquette, are chicago
electric any good?  I ask, 'cause I see in the h.f. catalog that I can buy
things that I know are decent stuff (or at least decent manufacturers),
and I see some stuff that I'd be afraid to use, lest it maim me while
opening the packaging it came in, and I am completely ignorant of chicago
electric.  but I was once ignorant of chicago pneumatic and s-k <cue
angels again> in the dark days before my enlightenment, and if the great
list can deliver a revelation before somebody blows major coin, well, my
praise and thanks would be profuse.

thanky,

scott
who a) just finished writing a survey religion text, and b) was
gang-kidnapped to the s/o's church's christmas ceremony/festival.  amen.